Formulated with Carnauba waxes, it restores sheen to all finished wood surfaces at the same time providing a protective wood finish. It has a creamy consistency for easy application and buffing and will color in nicks and scratches leaving behind a soft luster.
Good Ol’ Brown Wax
Restores sheen and protects all finished wood surfaces
Good Ol’ Brown Wax by The Real Milk Paint Company has been a standard in our shop for years anywhere a light colored brown wax has been desired. Formulated with Carnauba waxes, it restores sheen to all finished wood surfaces at the same time providing a protective wood finish. It has a creamy consistency for easy application and buffing and will color in nicks and scratches leaving behind a soft luster. This wax can be buffed by hand or by machine. This will work well over milk paint and chalk paint surfaces to add some color and a bit of glaze. It will help to high light and give definition on light colors of milk paint. This was is also a great wax on floors to fill nail holes and scratch. Works well as a quick way of filling carpet tack strip nail holes after you have finished your floor with Half & Half Tung Oil and Citrus Solvent. Compare this wax to other more expensive brown waxes on the market such as Behlen Blue Label Paste Wax and you will see how great of a savings it is.
- 16 oz. covers approx 150 sq. ft.
Material Safety Data Sheet
126 Commerce Dr
Hohenwald TN 38462
Emergency Telephone Numbers:
24 hrs. Chem-Tel 800-255-3924 (within continental US)
24 hrs. 813-248-0585 (collect) (outside continental US)
Section 1 – Identity
Natural Paste Wax
Hazardous – Yes
Flammability – 2
Reactivity – 0
Personal Protection – B
Trade Name: Good Ol’ Brown Wax
Section 2 – Hazardous Ingredients
CAS Reg #
Stoddard Solvent #8052-41-3
Gum Turpentine #8006-64-2
TWA STEL Other Limits
<75 7 [/ezcol_1quarter_end]
*Asterisked Chemical Subject to reporting requirement of Sec. 313 title III.
Section 3 – Physical/Chemical Characteristics[/one_half]
- Boiling point – 320F
- Vapor Pressure (mm Hg) – 2.0
- Vapor Density (air=1) – 4.7
- Viscosity (CPS) – N/A
- Auto Ignition Temp. – N/A
- pH – NA +/-
- Specific Gravity (Waters=1) – 0.77
- Melting Point -120F
- Evaporation Rate (Butyl Acetate=1) -.21
- Decomposition Temperature – N/A
- Solubility in Water – Negligible
- VOC 685 grams per liter
Appearance and Odor – Pliable Paste, Slight Pine Odor
Section 4 – Fire and Explosion Hazard Data
- Extinguishing media – CO2, Foam, Dry chemical
- Fire Fighting Procedure – Cool containers with water, use self-contained breathing apparatus, burning product is toxic.
- Fire and Explosion Hazards – Closed containers may burst when exposed to extreme heat.
- Isolate from Heat, sparks open flame.
Section 5 – Reactivity Data
- Stability – STABLE
- Conditions to Avoid Heat, Sparks, Open Flame
- Incompatibility – STRONG OXIDIZING AGENTS
- Hazardous Decomposition or Byproduct – Thermal Decomposition may yield carbon monoxide
- Hazardous Polymerization – Will not occur
- Conditions to Avoid – N/A
The information herein is based on data considered accurate. However, no warranty is expressed or implied regarding the accuracy of these data or results to be obtained from use thereof. Essentially similar to OSHA form #174
Section 6 – Health Hazard Data
Effects of Overexposure:
- Acute Eyes: May cause eye irritation.
- Skin: May cause irritation to the skin
- Inhalation: Vapors may be narcotic
- Ingestion: May cause damage to the liver and kidney
- Chronic: No chronic ill effect known or expected
First Aid Procedures:
- Eyes: Flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes; if irritation persists get medical attention.
- Skin: Wash skin area with plenty of soap and water. Remove contaiminated clothing and wash before re-use.
- Inhalation: Remove to fresh air; if needed start CPR and get medical attention
- Ingestion: Do not induce vomiting and get medical attention.
Section 7 – Storage and Handling
- Steps to be taken in case material is released spilled – Collect material into metal container avoid sparks, flame, and hot surfaces. Wipe off residue with rag.
- Wate disposal method – Recycle, incinerate, or use hazardous wasted management facitility for disposal according to state and federal regulations.
EPA Waste no. D001
- Precautions to be taken in Handling and Storage – Combustible, keep away from heat, sparks and open flame. Use adequate ventilation. Avoid prolonged or repeated contact. Keep containers closed.
- Other Precautions – Store in secure area. Dispose of empty containers safely.
Keep out of reach of children.
Section 8 – Control Measures
- Respiratory Protection – Use self-contained breathing apparatus for concentrations above threshold limit value.
- Ventilation: Local Exhaust – Recommended
- Mechanical – Assure fresh air container
- Special – N/A
- Other – N/A
- Protective Gloves – Recommended: rubber gloves
- Eye Protection – Recommended: Chemical goggles
- Other Protection – N/A
- Work/Hygienic Practices – Do not eat/drink or smoke next to material. Wash hands/face after work.
Section 9 – Transportation
- Unit cost – 30 lb. Met pail, 4, 1 lb. Can Report Qty. (lbs.) – N/A
- OSHA – Class II. Combustible liquid Labels – Flammable Solid
- DOT – Hazardous/X/Flammable Solid –Packaging Group III
- UN – Hazardous /X/Flammable Solid-Packaging Group III
- DOT: Flammable Solid n.o.s. (Contains Stoddard Solvent) 4.1, UN1325, PGIII UN: Flammable
- Solid n.o.s. (Contains Stoddard Solvent) 4.1, UN1325, PGIII
- 1&4 pound cans=limited quantity 49 CFR 173.151
Vendor assumes no responsibility for injury to venee or third person proximately caused if reasonable safety procedures are not adhered to as stipulated in the data sheet. Additionally, vendor assumes no responsibility for injury to vendee or third persons proximately caused by abnormal use of the material even if reasonable safety procedures are followed. Further more, vendee assumes the risk in use of the material.
Section 10: Sara Title III
SECTION 313 SUPPLIER NOTIFICATION
This product contains the following toxic chemicals subject to the reporting requirements of SECTION 313 of the EMERGENCY PLANNING AND COMMUITY RIGHT-TO-KNOW ACT OF 1986 and of CFR 372.
PERCENT OF WEIGHT
<75% <7% [one_third last="yes"] This information must be included in all MSDS’s that are copied and distributed for this material.
Section 11: Government Regulations
All ingredients are on the TSCA 8(b) Inventory.
Section 12: Aditional Comments
Comments: Operators should practice good personal hygiene. Wash with soap and water after exposure. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse.
Empty container can be dangerous. Dispose of properly. Do no cut or weld on or near.
Product Use: For Industiral Use Only
In accordance with good industrial practice, handle with due care and avoid any unnecessary personal contact.
Section 13: Other Information
Proposition 65: California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986
This product is not known to contain any chemicals currently listed as carcinogens or reproductive toxins under California Proposition 65 at levels which would be subject to the proposition.
SARA TITLE III (Section 313)
This substance contains no materials subject to the reporting requirements of SARA Title III (Section 313).
The information contained in this document is believed to be current and accurate. It is given in good faith and without warranty, expressed or implied, as to its accuracy. Anyone using this product is solely responsible for determining its suitability in any given application.