All Finishing Creams are No Odor Non VOC’s water base top coats that provide a protective, washable topcoat. Available in Gloss, Low Sheen and Dead Flat. They will not change the color of the surface you are applying it to. Burnishing Paste can be painted over with any paint in the future including Real Milk Paint. Brush, rag or sponge on surfaces. Quick clean up with soap and water. Dead Flat is not recommended over black color paints.
All finishing creams are no odor non VOC’s water based top coats that provide a protective, washable topcoat. Available in gloss, low sheen and dead flat. They will not change the color of the surface you are applying it to. Burnishing paste can be painted over with any paint in the future including Real Milk Paint. Brush, rag or sponge on surfaces. Quick clean up with soap and water. Dead flat varnish is not recommended over black color paints.
Paint Finish Product Information
Finishing creams (formerly called Burnishing Pastes) by The Real Milk Paint Company are easy to apply thick or thin. You can also add more years down the road if the old topcoat wears away with use. Low sheen, dead flat, and gloss finish cream are no odor non VOC’s water-based topcoats that have non-existent to minimal gloss appearance. Low-sheen will impart a slight luster to a surface, while dead flat is completely matte. It can be applied with a rag, brush, damp sponge, or spatula. Our preferred method is cross-hatch application with a brush on walls. This solution will dry on clear whereas finishing paint glazes will produce a tint.
Since this is versatile and strong, i can be applied over our eco friendly paint or used to protect wood finishes. Paint finish creams can be used on new or old surfaces, and they are an excellent top coat for Real Milk Paint on cabinets or walls and trim, especially in kitchens and bathrooms. High-traffic areas such as these can really use the extra protection to make wall paint or stained wood last a long time. These will still slightly wet the pigment in the paint to make it a shade darker and can take 30 to 60 minutes to fully dry, depending on the thickness of the application. Real Milk Paint can be painted directly over finishing cream. These can be used between layers of Real Milk Paint as a barrier coat, to help make creating a distressed look easier. A surface sealed with this topcoat or finish glaze will be washable after 24 hours.
- 8 oz. covers 25 to 35 sq. ft.
- 16 oz. covers 50 to 70 sq. ft.
- 32 oz. covers 100 to 140 sq. ft.
- Environmentally Friendly
- Water Based
- No odor
- Easy to Apply
- Washable (after 24 hours)
- Soap and Water Clean up
How to Use Finishing Cream
- Helps to hide or enhance moldings, trims and recessed areas on decorative surfaces. A one-coat application is easy to apply with a brush (foam or bristle), rag, short pile roller, or damp cellulose sponge.
- Finishing glazes are an ideal method to achieve a tinted look after Real Milk Paint is dry. Real Milk Paint can also be painted directly over all creams or glazes.
- Finishing creams do dry quickly so a damp applicator (we like a brush) can be helpful.
- If you choose to use a finishing glaze, you may also want to seal your milk paint with the low sheen or dead flat first. This will stop the milk paint from drawing in too much color from glazes. Then use colored glazes on top of the clear cream finish.
Working with an interior paint finish will determine the final look of your room. Order from Real Milk Paint for interior projects today! Questions about an order? <a href=”tel:800-339-9748″>Click to call</a> or fill out our online form.