Real Milk Paint wood filler is a soft wood putty-like compound made with finely ground firwood. Adheres to wood, glass, metal, and most hard surfaces. This wood filler can be sawed, nailed, drilled, sanded, painted, stained, or varnished. Use to fill or repair cracks, dents, nail or screw holes, etc. For all kinds of wood filling and wood molding.
Real Wood Filler
Real Milk Paint wood filler is a resin-based wood filler, developed for the plywood and furniture industries, to repair wood fibers in plywood, furniture, laminated beams, cabinetwork, and other woodworking applications. It molds like putty and is consistent, uniform, waterproof, and fast-setting with minimal shrinkage. Made with genuine wood flour it can be sanded, stained, sawed, planed, or drilled like ordinary wood.
This wood filler works best when it is used to fill cracks or small holes in wood. Spread evenly into cracks, damaged edges or holes, let dry, and sand smooth to the surface being repaired. Paint or stain to match the wood surface. It can also be revitalized with acetone if becomes dry in the can.
ACTS LIKE REAL WOOD
Wood fillers can act like real wood. It can be sawed, drilled, sanded, planed, and nailed when completely set.
EASY TO COLOR
The natural wood tones of wood fillers make it an easy-to-color material. Readily accepts dry paint powder, pigment powders, stains, and paints prior to application to create a custom color wood filler.
INTERIOR OR EXTERIOR USE
Used the wood filler to fix finished furniture like shelves or to mend a crack of an unfinished furniture like countertops. It can also be used for exterior woodwork or interior woodwork and is waterproof when set.
WON’T CRACK OR SHRINK
The wood filler can be spread evenly into cracks and holes without crumbling or cracking.
Hard finish with little or no shrinkage.
Takes oils, stains, milk paint, and paints evenly with minimal sanding. For the best results, we suggest adding the stain, milk paint, or pigment powders to the raw wood filler prior to use.
How to Use Wood Filler
Now that you’ve gathered your supplies, you’re ready to use wood putty or wood filler to repair cracks, even out large gaps or fill holes. You can also use this process for covering nail holes, and it works equally well on unfinished wood and finished wood. Also, before you begin, make sure the wood putty or wood filler you picked is good for the area where you intend to use the object you’re repairing. For example, a water-based wood filler is not a good choice for outdoor projects, which respond better to oil-based compounds. We don’t recommend the use of color changing wood fillers prior to painting with Real Milk Paint as they can at times revert back to their pink/purple color once the milk paint is applied over top. Follow these steps to use wood filler properly.
- For best adhesion, cracks or defects should be clean and dry. If you plan to color the wood filler, you have the option to add the stain or Real Milk Paint to raw wood filler prior to use.
- Press wood filler firmly into defect by hand or with putty knife.
- Fill deep holes (1/4″ or deeper) in two or more applications. Allow each layer to dry before the next application.
- Lower temperatures require longer drying periods.
- Avoid getting excess material on surfaces around application area.
- When dry, sand flush with surrounding surfaces.
- Surfaces may be milk painted, stained, varnished, lacquered, waxed, shellacked, or sealed with Finishing Oil when the wood filler is dry.
- Close container after each use, place the lidded surface down and the artwork in the upright, readable position.
- Try staining a sample piece to check color match before staining your completed work. To help color match, add a small amount of stain to wood filler before using. A little care in staining or painting will reward your efforts. Use commercial solvents, such as acetone, to clean up.
Imperfections in wood surfaces like damaged edges and nail holes don’t have to ruin the look of your DIY projects or wood floors and furniture when you have Wood Filler by the Real Milk Paint Co. on your side. To find out more about how to apply wood filler and how our all-natural paint products can help you achieve satisfaction with your own finished products, call us at (800) 339-9748 or fill out our contact form with specific questions.
Learn more about how to use this product in the “Video Tutorial” tab!