Environmentally friendly, non-toxic, powder paint! Just Add Water!
Featured on Home and Garden Television
Real Milk Paint will give you a matte, velvet, chalky paint surface. The lime wash look along with great coverage in a paint that sticks to a majority of surfaces without any priming or sanding. Explore all of our colors here. You can also mix pigments to create your own colors. It can also be thinned with more water for use as a wash coat or dye stain. It’s great for decorative looks on repurposed furniture or walls and ceiling, including rustic and crackle finis. Reach for Real Milk Paint for the chalk paint look. Fun, easy and safe for you and the planet.
Real Milk Paint is a powdered paint that’s versatile and easy to use. It’s also environmentally friendly non toxic. Made from 100% organic material, it’s safe for the environment, and also protects you from harmful fumes. Our exclusive formula makes it last longer than other products you might find for sale. After being mixed, it remains stable for at least two weeks, compared to a day, which is typical of other milk paints. We’ve created the best looking colors for DIY project from applying that antique look to repainting walls, we’ve got the right color for your project!
Real Milk Paint is the ideal choice for an environmentally friendly, non toxic paint that gives you convenience and a broad color selection.
- Sticks to raw wood, plaster, dry wall, stone, unsealed brick and concrete
- Paint right on existing finishes for a Peele, Chippy or crackled surface
- No Primer need on raw wood and porous surfaces
- Sticks to latex with the addition of Ultra Bond
- Easy to use, water-based formula
- Each bag contains everything needed, just add water
- Remains usable for a minimum of two weeks after mixing with water
- Does not congeal to a blob
- Environmentally friendly
- Does not contain radioactive Kaolin Clays as a filler
- Traditional color palette, based on antique painted furniture
- Virtually no odor
- No residual odor after drying
- Dries fast (30 minutes to 4 hours depending on ambient temperature)
Get your free Real Milk Paint color chart.
Directions for Use
Each Quart contains a bag with 2-1/2 cups of powdered milk paint and a mixing marble. Take lid off can. Remove plastic bag with the powder. We recommend that you only mix a portion of the powder at one time in the can.
The powdered paint is mixed 1 part powder to 1 part water. So grab a scoop, around a cup will do. Scoop a cup of powder into the Quart can then a cup of water. Snap on the lid, shake for a few minutes, letting the mixing marble do the mixing. Pop the lids and your ready to paint, it’s that EASY!
- If too thick, add more water. If too thin add more powdered Real Milk Paint®. If excess foaming occurs, add a few drops of Anti-foam.
- Surface must be free of contamination, wax, grease, or oils. Clean with T.S.P. Sticks to other paints and finishes with the addition of Ultra Bond.
- When applying over other finishes, ALWAYS test for compatibility before full application
Covers: Sample covers 2 sq. ft. / Pint (16 oz) covers 35 sq. ft. / Quart (32 oz) covers 70 sq. ft. / Gallon covers 280 sq. ft.
Note: Real Milk Paint® will stick to oil base clear finishes and some painted surfaces but may cause a chippy , crackle or peel surface. If you want to get full adhesion then adding Ultra Bond is recommend. Please see “How to apply Real Milk Paint® to an Unknown surface” and “How to Paint Walls“.
Tips & Tricks
Painting Tips & Tricks
- For a brushy old world look use these natural bristle brushes for application.
- For a smoother more uniform painted look use these Foam Brushes.
- As days and weeks go by, the non toxic paint will continue to become more resistant to moisture.
- After it has dried 3-4 hours you may top coat with varnish, oil finish, Pure Tung Oil, lacquer, or wax.
- Try in inconspicuous area first, the color may change.
- Wear proper safety equipment, goggles and rubber gloves.
Spraying Tips & Tricks
- To spray, milk paint must be mixed in a blender to a smooth consistency and then strained.
- A 2.0 orifice or higher for the spray gun is recommended.
CAUTION: Contains calcium hydroxide (lime) may burn eyes and skin. Flush and rinse with warm water immediately.
“This environmentally friendly paint keeps much longer than any other that I have ever used. This includes storage with both the mixed and unmixed product. It also builds better than any other product I have ever tried. They have an enormous selection of colors and the quality control is excellent. Dwayne is always most helpful when I have questions and is a terrific source of knowledge…”
“Totally love using your milk paint. I have restored a hacienda from 1840 and this paint gives the feel of 1840’s. I tried the “other” milk paint and my success was half…”
“Thanks…I’ve used your milk paint already, and love the chalk-like matt finish. It’s like powdered pigments, a very old world, fresco look…”
“We have found Mr. Siever very helpful in making suggestions of different techniques and also color mixes…”
“I love the bright red paint, the new color is great!!! I will be ordering more soon, thanks…”