A Great Non-Toxic way to finish your outdoor projects. Made with 100% Pure Tung Oil, Pine Oil, and Zinc. Use on wood, concrete, stone and any absorbent material. Safe on wood garden beds.
Outdoor Defense Oil
A Great Non-Toxic way to finish your outdoor projects. Made with 100% Pure Tung Oil, Pine Oil, and Zinc. We all know about Zinc in sunburn skin care products. The pine oil helps to keep mold and mildew away along with the zinc. Use on wood, concrete, stone and any absorbent material. Safe on wood garden beds. Generally, 2 to 4 coats give moderate protection. More coats only if the wood will accept it. The Outdoor Defense Oil can build on a surface and my not be super smooth to the touch, but this will only happen if the oil is over applied. Will provide a matte finish. Do not apply directly under the hot sun, as the oil will polymerize very fast and leave a frosty, rubbery surface.
- Shake well before use
- Environmentally friendly oil that provides a warm glow to your outdoor furniture, concrete, stone, brick, wood, exteriors, decks, siding….and well you name it.
- Food contact safe
- Use ventilation until solvent is evaporated from finish, about 2-4 hours
- NOTE: not for use over oil base sealer type stains or other finishes. Store in moderate temperature.
- hang rags to dry before disposing
- Coat wood until saturated – wipe off extra with clean cloth after approx. 40 min. – check for seepage; rub off any puddles with lint free cloth. Let dry for 4-48 hrs. between applications
- 2-4 coats should do it for light weather exposure
- 6 coats should be more than enough for heavy duty projects
- Use a soft cloth for renewal and building coats to touch things up
- 7 -10 days partial cure
- 30 days full cure
- Lay out rags until fully dry before disposing.