A perfect outdoor wood treatment oil that provides a great Non-Toxic way to finish your outdoor projects. This oil is made with 100% Pure Tung Oil, Pine Oil, and Zinc. Use it as a garden bed oil on wood or on concrete, stone or any absorbent material for outdoor finishing.
Outdoor Defense Oil
Outdoor Defense Oil is a great Non-Toxic way to finish your outdoor projects. It’s made with 100% Pure Tung Oil, Pine Oil, and Zinc. We all know about Zinc in sunburn skin care products. The pine oil helps to keep mold and mildew away along with the zinc. Use as an outdoor wood finish or on concrete, stone and any absorbent material. This also works great as a cedar garden bed oil and it provides deck protection. Generally, 2 to 4 coats give moderate protection. More coats only if the wood will accept it. The Outdoor Defense Oil can build on a surface and my not be super smooth to the touch, but this will only happen if the oil is over applied. Will provide a matte finish. Do not apply directly under the hot sun, as the oil will polymerize very fast and leave a frosty, rubbery surface. Does not need to be thinned with solvent . Ready to be used right from the bottle. Hang rags outside separately to dry before disposing.
- Shake well before use
- Environmentally friendly oil that provides a warm glow to your outdoor furniture, concrete, stone, brick, wood, exteriors, deck protection, siding….and well you name it.
- Food contact safe
- Can be mixed with any other of our Tung Oil Products (i.e. Pure Tung Oil, Dark Tung Oil, Dark Half, Half & Half)
- Use ventilation until solvent is evaporated from finish, about 2-4 hours
- NOTE: not for use over oil base sealer type stains or other finishes. Store in moderate temperature.
- Hang rags separately outside to dry before disposing.
- Coat wood until saturated – wipe off extra with clean cloth after approx. 40 min. – check for seepage; rub off any puddles with lint free cloth. Let dry for 4-48 hrs. between applications
- 2-4 coats should do it for light weather exposure
- 6 coats should be more than enough for heavy duty projects
- Use a soft cloth for renewal and building coats to touch things up
- 7 -10 days partial cure
- 30 days full cure
- Lay out rags until fully dry before disposing.
- Pint – 16 oz. covers 50 sq. feet
- Quart – 32 oz. covers 100 sq. feet
- Gallon – covers 400 sq. feet