If you make cutting boards, charcuterie, or serving boards and want to include a finish with their sale, then our Cutting Board Oil 2oz Case is perfect for you! Want to know more or purchase a single bottle? Then simply head over to our main Cutting Board Oil page.
Cutting Board Oil – 2oz Case
The Best Oil for Your Cutting Boards, Charcuterie Boards, and Wooden Bowls
Maintain wood food contact surfaces easily with shelf-stable Cutting Board Oil by the Real Milk Paint Co. Made entirely with plant-based ingredients, this vegan-friendly oil has an excellent penetrating quality that goes deep into wood fibers for long-term protection of everything from wooden utensils and salad bowls to serving trays and bamboo cutting boards. Formulated to work with any species of wood, this finishing oil for food contact and food preparation surfaces will resist turning rancid and delivers more sustainability and protection than food-grade mineral oil. All this is without any solvents, fragrances, or other petroleum-derived materials.
Food-Safe Wood Utensil and Cutting Board Oil With All-Natural Ingredients
Rely on the organic plant-based ingredients to provide dependable coverage on your wood or bamboo serving board, charcuterie, or cutting board without solvents or fragrances. This oil offers an earthy aroma from the all-natural ingredients it comprises — palm fruit oil, refined almond oil, grapefruit seed oil, hemp wax, and rice bran wax — and no volatile organic compounds or other potentially allergenic materials to better protect your family’s health. We keep the ingredient list simple so you know exactly what you’re putting on your cutting board and food contact surfaces for added peace of mind.
Maintaining a Wood Surface
When your favorite wooden item is looking dry, Cutting Board Oil helps prevent cracking and can even revitalize worn wood. Simply apply oil the same way you apply it to bare wood — wipe it on the surface with a cloth or paper towel, let it soak into the wood fiber, then wipe away excess oil once most of it absorbs. Reapply when the low-luster finish of your wood items starts looking or feeling dry again.
Whether you need a high-quality finishing oil for new or old cutting boards, charcuterie boards, or wooden bowls and utensils, Cutting Board Oil from the Real Milk Paint Co. has you covered. All-natural ingredients formulated for usage with any species of wood make this low-luster wood finish a functional, sustainable way to protect food contact and food preparation surfaces. Every plant-based ingredient helps protect and maintain your surface, so you have one less thing to worry about as you go about your business prepping for your next feast. Ditch the petroleum-derived mineral oil and try sustainable, plant-based Cutting Board Oil on your next project. It just may be your next favorite finish.
The unique properties and characteristics of each ingredient in Cutting Board Oil from the Real Milk Paint Co. make it the best cutting board oil for food contact and food preparation surfaces. The advantages conveyed by these vegan-friendly ingredients include:
- Grapefruit Seed Oil: This powerful essential oil boosts the anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties of our Cutting Board Oil. It is rich in antioxidants, furthering the overall shelf stability and resistance to going rancid (Source) (Source) (Source). Our grapefruit seed oil is cold pressed, refined, and generally recognized as safe for direct human consumption by the FDA (Source).
- Palm-Fruit Oil: Not to be mistaken with “palm kernel oil”, this oil is extracted from the fleshy part of the fruit of palm trees. Palm-fruit oil has potent antifungal properties that help you better maintain your wooden cutting board. It is also known to be rich in vitamin E, an essential antioxidant naturally aiding in rancid resistance (Source). Palm oil is also FDA-approved for food contact (Source). The Real Milk Paint Co. only uses palm fruit oil that carries RSPO Certification, otherwise known as Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil, guaranteeing the sustainability and traceability of the palm fruit oil production throughout the supply chain. RSPO-IP (Identity Preserved) certification is one of four certification levels offered by the RSPO and carries the highest and strongest level of sustainable guarantee with traceability of each lot of palm fruit oil back to the field of origin. With Identify Preserved sustainable palm fruit oil, the entire batch of palm fruit oil is from a single identifiable certified source and kept separate from all non-certified batches.
- Refined Almond Oil: This all-natural nut oil offers a pleasant natural scent to the formulation while helping it soak into the surface of your wood cutting board, bowl, or utensils. This deeply penetrates for long-term moisture and conditioning. Refined Almond Oil is approved by the FDA for food contact as it is an edible oil. (Source) Some may be rightfully concerned about almond oil as an allergen. While we are not medical professionals and recommend asking the advice of your doctor before use of our product it is worth noting that highly refined oil derived from almonds is exempted from being classified as a major food allergen because it lacks the proteins that typically trigger an allergic response. For more concerning this topic click here and here.
- Rice Bran Wax: This ingredient in Cutting Board Oil comes from the husk or outer shell of individual rice kernels. It provides a light protective barrier against spills and moisture while also enhancing the sheen of the final finish. Rice Bran Wax is approved by the FDA to be used in contact and in food and can be commonly found in things like candy and chewing gum (Source).
- Hemp Floral Wax: Suitable for use on leather, wood, skin, and more, hemp wax offers antimicrobial properties and delivers excellent protection against organic materials.
Frequently Asked Questions about Cutting Board Oil
“How often should I reapply Cutting Board Oil?”
Whenever the wood appears “dry” or is losing its resistance to water and washings are good indicators it’s time for a recoat. If you use your board daily, expect to reapply once a month. If you use your board frequently, expect to reapply every few months. If you use your board rarely, expect to reapply once a year.
“Can I apply Cutting Board Oil over a mineral oil-based finish?”
Yes, however, we do recommend thoroughly cleaning the surface prior to application. Hot water and soap or our Citrus Solvent are good options.
“Can I use Cutting Board Oil on epoxy/wood combinations?”
Yes, most definitely! The Cutting Board Oil will go right over the epoxy giving it a nice sheen while simultaneously conditioning the wood areas.
“Can I use Wood Wax over Cutting Board Oil?”
You can use our Wood Wax over Cutting Board Oil, but it is not necessary. Keep in mind though, that it would be better to use the Wood Wax to maintain the cutting board if it had been finished with the Wood Wax. If you’d like to get a higher sheen and more durable finish, then consider using just the Wood Wax.
“What’s the difference between Cutting Board Oil, Wood Wax, Half & Half, etc?”
This is an excellent question! While all these products vary in different ways, the main perspective to view them from is permanence vs convenience. Our Cutting Board Oil is very convenient to apply and reapply. It’s quick and easy! However, it is not as durable as the Wood Wax or Half & Half. Those products are more permanent but require more upfront time in application and curing of the finish. Rest assured, all of these options will perform well and protect your wood!
“Can I use your tung oils over Cutting Board Oil?”
We do not recommend using any of our tung oil or hemp oil finishes over the Cutting Board Oil. This is because those oils are drying oils whereas Cutting Board Oil is made with non-drying oils. The two natures of these oils will conflict with one another, so it’s best to avoid mixing them. That being said, you can apply the Cutting Board Oil over the tung oils/hemp oil after they have fully cured. Take note that future maintenance will be with the Cutting Board Oil unless it is completely removed from the surface before maintaining with the tung oils/hemp oil.
“Is your Cutting Board Oil truly plant-based? Or only mostly plant-based?”
Our Cutting Board Oil is 100% plant-based. It’s even been certified by the American Vegetarian Association as Plant-Based!
“It says you’re Cutting Board Oil is made with ‘Refined Almond Oil’ is there concern for an allergic reaction?”
Some may be rightfully concerned about almond oil as an allergen. While we are not medical professionals and recommend asking the advice of your doctor before use of our product it is worth noting that highly refined oil derived from almonds is exempted from being classified as a major food allergen because it lacks the proteins that typically trigger an allergic response. For more concerning this topic click here and here.